Cassis, France

Cassis, France
Cassis, France

Monday, February 11, 2013

Going places and eating things


The phrase, "going places and eating things" was coined by my parents to describe one of our favorite weekend activities, and I have them to thank for my love of food. It was a good Saturday when we got in the car early in the morning and returned home MANY hours later, after much driving from place to place, scoping out the newest (in some cases only new to us) bakeries, diners, restaurants and cafes. In the early days, my "going places and eating things" activities were limited to Massachusetts, Maine, and New Hampshire, but now that I'm all grown up, I've expanded! (And while I "go places and eat thing" with a lot of people now, I still love doing it with my parents, perhaps most of all.)

I decided to start this blog because I (like a lot of people) sometimes have fantasies of becoming a food writer. Even if that never happens, it will always be true that I love spending my free time thinking about, creating, and eating great food.

To me, being a foodie is about enjoying life through food (and wine, beer, St. Germain cocktails... insert your beverage of choice). Sometimes it's fancy, and sometimes it isn't. Sometimes you know every wine on the list, and sometimes you don't know any. Sometimes you're with others, and sometimes you're enjoying a rare moment of solitude. Sometimes going places and eating things is at a restaurant, but sometimes its at home. What matters is the process of creating, savoring, and experiencing life meal by meal.

This is a place for me to share my experiences living life through food... and to hopefully learn a little bit about how others do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment